Reach your peak for the 2018 Summer Swimming Championship Season! Summer swimmers work hard for 3.5 months to work on crucial swimming skills and get themselves into optimal race shape. This camp takes place at an optimal time during the summer swimming season where swimmers can invest in extra diligent practice and amp up their conditioning. Pool sessions will be geared towards on technique and conditioning specific to swimmers’ events at the Regional and Provincial Championships.
- Camp Long Sleeve/Hoodie (if registered on/before June 17th) - because warm muscles are fast muscles!
- Low swimmer-to-coach ratio
- Skill progressions geared toward daily training
- Individualized training sets based on skill level and event focus
- Swimming video technology for feedback and motivation
- Customized and dynamic dryland training with coaches and guest instructors
- Guest Speakers/Instructors
- Team building activities
Multiple coaches will be on deck throughout all water sessions as we want to leave no stone un-turned in the swimmer's preparation! We are excited to have knowledgeable and enthusiastic coaches available throughout the week. As our roster of swimmers grow, additional coaches will be added to ensure our ideal swimmer-to-coach ratios are upheld.
The objective of this camp is to provide swimmers with enhanced knowledge, conditioning, confidence and EXCITEMENT that will result in elevated performance at this year’s Regional and Provincial Championships. Along with enhanced performances at the Regional and Provincial Championships, we believe that this camp will build strong and lasting relationships between members of the Alberta Summer Swimming Association.
- When: Monday July 29th to Friday August 2nd
- Where: Max Bell Regional Aquatic Centre 4401 University Drive, Lethbridge, AB T1K 3M4
- Ages: Swimmers should be at least 11 years old as of May 1st, 2019 and be a registered ASSA or Swim Canada athlete.
- Swimmers aged 10 & Under may be eligible to register depending on ability and maturity. Please contact Kent Aitchison if you have any questions prior to registering.
- Daily Schedule:
- 7:00 - 9:30 AM - Pool Training
- 9:30 - 11:30am* - Dryland/Strength+Conditioning/Sport Performance Lectures/Team Games
- *Dryland activities may end earlier or later depending on location. Final schedule will be posted here later in the summer.
- Primary Contact: Kent Aitchison
- Call or Text: 403-894-1923
- Email: email@example.com
- Registration Deadline:
- Registration will remain open until spots are filled - space is limited!
- Swim Suit
- Fins (limited availablity at facility for borrowing)
- Clean/Spare Athletic Shoes for fitness facility
- Water Bottle
- Athletic Clothing
- Appetite for improvement ;-)
Notes + Reminders
- Pool space is limited - so registration is limited too. Registration will remain open until spots are filled.
- Camp Hoodie is free/included in registration for athletes that register prior to June 17th
- We hope that swimmers are mature and will be committed to improving themselves throughout the week – both in a training, dryland and classroom setting. Please consider this when registering.
- Please check your e-mail prior to and during camp for any announcements!
- Please contact Camp Director and Head Coach Kent Aitchison at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.